Honoring the Women at the UW-Milwaukee Pow Wow video that I made http://youtu.be/mxCjQHQ_jYQ
I am passionate about healing, arts, hope, and recovery.
My purpose is my vision of the White Turtle Rainbow because I am a Rainbow Warrior a bridge builder sharing native wisdom connecting people, races, cultures, and nations through my recovery story of hope.
I made the print in my very first printmaking class where I carved the design for my Big Vision and Values. White Turtle Rainbow is the vehicle to how I will tell my Two Step story which includes the journey with Breath of Life Archival Institute for Indigenous Languages.
WHITE TURTLE RAINBOW
Waapan Alaangweew – Morning Star
The Artist’s Way Circle
Basic Principles of the Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron:
1. Creativity is the natural order of life. Life is energy: pure creative energy.
2. There is an underlying, in-dwelling creative force infusing all of life–including ourselves.
3. When we open ourselves to our creativity, we open ourselves to the creator’s creativity within us and our lives.
4. We are, ourselves, creations. And we, in turn, are meant to continue creativity by being creative ourselves.
5. Creativity is God’s gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God.
6. The refusal to be creative is self-will and is counter to our true nature.
7. When we open ourselves to exploring our creativity, we open ourselves to God: good orderly direction.
8. As we open our creative channel to the creator, many gentle though powerful changes are to be expected.
9. It is safe to open ourselves up to greater and greater creativity.
10. Our creative dreams and yearnings come from a divine source. As we move toward our dreams, we move toward our divinity.