I am offering special rewards for those who contribute to my GoFundMe campaign. I am a card reader for the last 25 years. My Indian name is Wabun Anung which means Morning Star in Ojibwe. My Medicine Woman Mother first taught me how to read cards in our home with her female friends.
When you donate $5 you earn a reward of a 1 card Archangel Oracle Card reading from me.
When you donate $30 or more you earn a reward of a 5 card Archangel Oracle reading plus Vision Board created by me that compliments your reading.
Many Blessings to You,
I remember the first day I was diagnosed with a mental illness. I was diagnosed with PTSD because of the extreme trauma caused to me. I immediately thought it was a death sentence. That my hopes and dreams would never be attained and my life would be over. When the Doctors declared that not only was I disabled I was totally and permanently disabled than I realized my heart sank even deeper into despair.
My dream was to be a professional artist. Even though I had achieved my BA in Business & Management from Alverno College it seemed once I was branded having a mental illness than two, that doors were slamming in my face. It has taken my entire life of planning and researching, hoping and dreaming to finally achieve my career dreams. When I initially set my goal to be a professional artist my goal was to reach that point by 2012. When that date came and passed I was truly disappointed I hadn’t achieved that deadline. I even went through a year of Department of Vocational Rehabilitation only to find that these non qualified gatekeepers were only wasting me time and keeping me from my dreams instead of empowering me to achieve my career goals.
When I left Wisconsin all together and started a new path in my life in Omaha, NE. One day I woke up and said to myself I want on my tombstone to say I was a Professional Artist. That is when I took the calculated risk to throw myself into launching my own business under the name White Turtle Rainbow. http://www.whiteturtlerainbow.com I am finally living my dream after a lifetime of fighting an uphill battle. I have the ability to write my own business plans. I took special training with Lutheran Social Services on how to help people with disabilities achieve success with their own self employment plans. I went to hear Shannon Munn speak whose work was to highlight the success of how self employment plans can empower disabled people to create their own custom jobs that highlight their strengths and accommodates their disabilities.
I am living my White Turtle Rainbow dream escaping from darkness into light. Finding a path way out into the sunshine. I feel so empowered taking a chance on my dream for once. While I loved being an Artist’s Way Facilitator for 18 years, I yearned for my dreams to take flight and now they are happening. When I look at my business debit card with my name and White Turtle Rainbow embossed on it I feel so happy. When I check my email addressed to my White Turtle Rainbow business accounts and more and more emails keep coming in I feel alive. When I work with new clients and offer them services that really benefit their life and they tell me that I made a difference I am blessed to be of service. I am back on the game of life playing on the field. I am no longer on the bench. I am living my professional artist dreams. I hope you can too.
President of White Turtle Rainbow
I used to work for St. A’s as an Activities Coordinator/Certified Peer Specialist on the Trauma Informed Care Committee. During Last Night’s Pink Moon Ceremony, my husband and I talked about me being a Stolen Child. I was kidnapped from my Ojibwe mother in Duluth, MN a place notorious for Native American Sex Trafficking for hundreds of years Native Americans have been targeted. In my case, I was kidnapped as a Native American baby and taken out of MN to Wisconsin where I became a victim of child pornography and repeated sexual assault on top of being lied to about my racial heritage, my name, my true identity, and family. It has taken my entire life to break free from my captors and reprogram my mind with the truth of who I really am. I am actually the daughter to a beautiful Ojibwe mother and a Vietnam Veteran of the 101st Army Airborne Rangers. I decided to write my story titled “Stolen Child.” God may have meant for me to walk this healing path to a Counselor for others facing this same crisis. Use me God. Show me that my suffering was not for nothing. If I can bless another with my story and experience, strength, and hope than I know there was a purpose for me to walk this path. Chi Miigwetch (Thank you very much in Ojibwe) for being of Service God!
Hello I am Wenona Lee Gardner one of the Founders of White Knights of Artists with Disabilities. My disabilities are Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Bipolar, and Physical Handicapped due to Osteoarthritis. When I went to UW-Milwaukee for BFA in Fine Arts in Drawing & Painting I felt like I was living my dream. I worked with the Disability Services Office to help me set up a Disability Accommodations Letter so I could received Disability Accommodations. Initially, for the first almost couple years everything was fun, exciting, and great! I had a solid straight A average. I felt like a success. However, my disability worsened and I was forced into a wheelchair with severe pain down both my legs and right arm. I had to withdraw from the art school I treasured and loved because my pain in my right arm would not allow me to hold a pencil or even paintbrush to do my artwork.
After some time I decided to give higher education a try. So I enrolled in the MBA program at Crown College and discovered that their Disability Services Office were a joke! First, the Disability Director violated another disabled student’s HIPPA privacy by sending me her medical records and disability accommodations letter. Then my professor decided to ignore my disability accommodations letter and I realized I was in the wrong college for people with disabilities. Because they denied me my disability accommodations I saw there was no way I could ever succeed in that college. So I was forced to withdraw. I also experienced disability accommodations discrimination from the Mohican Tribe. So now Disability Rights said to me that the college and the tribe broke federal laws and I am forced to file a US Civics Office US Higher Education Discrimination Complaint.
I am also a Disability Rights Advocate. I was a State Certified Peer Specialists where I helped disabled people find and live recovery. I was a Board of Directors members for a State Certified Non Profit Disability Rights Organization for two years empowering disabled people to know their rights and stand up for themselves. I worked for recovery centers with disabled people leading them in their own Self Employment Group and Artist’s Way Circle to encourage Artists with Disabilities to follow their hopes and dreams. I have been a worldwide Artist’s Way Facilitator for 18 years. I specialize in helping Artist’s with Disabilities.
Today, my husband Brandon Humphrey who is legally blind and I are partners under White Turtle Rainbow as YouTube Partners/Artists. We each have our own YouTube channels for our personal expression and a YouTube channel combined listed as White Turtle Rainbow Gaming where we work together. I am happy to finally living my dream as a self employed artist that I finally am getting the chance to use my BA in Business & Management from Alverno College.
Thank you for believing in yourself. As Artists with Disabilities we need to stick together and help us live our Divine Purpose. To share our art, resources, and information. Mostly important we need to stand up for each other. Death threats against any person let alone an Artist with Disabilities is not acceptable. I refuse to accept unacceptable behavior.
Founder of the White Knights of Artists with Disabilities
Brought to you by Cabin Enigma Captain Wenona Gardner
Here are the rules:
1) If you want to receive a free One Card Archangel Oracle Card reading from me for participating in this Camp NaNoWriMo Scavenger Hunt 2015 you must comment on this WordPress blog post only.
2) If you want to receive the grand prize of a 5 card Archangel Oracle reading with vision board created digitally by me for your desktop wallpaper you must submit your answers to me through firstname.lastname@example.org and be the first person to get all the answers right with urls for each of the 20 answers.
These are you Camp NaNoWriMo Scavenger Hunt questions:
- What is the non profit name of the organization that hosts Camp NaNoWriMo?
- What month did NaNoWriMo first start in 1999?
- What movie did Wednesday Adams do her speech about the Native Americans at camp?
- If I want to raise money for Camp NaNoWriMo, how can I do that?
- Who founded the non profit organization that formed NaNoWriMo?
- Where is the non profit organization that formed NaNoWriMo currently located?
- Which movie is about twin babies that are separated at birth and meet up at camp then switch places?
- According to the American Camp Association, how many summer camps are there in the United States?
- Which movie has Bill Murray stars as Tripper, the quippy, big-brother type counselor who wants to help his campers have the best summer of their lives?
- Which movie has a group of counselors decide to reopen Camp Crystal Lake, the site where a child drowned years earlier? Unfortunately for the group of counselors, an unseen stalker starts killing them off one-by-one.
- This song was sung by Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas at the end of the Movie Camp Rock
- What is the minimum age to participate in Camp NaNoWriMo?
- What is an award-winning word processor and project management tool for the Mac and Windows that has been enthusiastically adopted by best-selling novelists and novices alike. As a Camp NaNoWriMo 2015 winner, you will be eligible for a 50% discount on regular license for what software?
- Camp NaNoWriMo raised how much money during their final #CampSearchParty?
- How much is the Camp NaNoWriMo Compass t-shirt this year?
- How many campers were participating in Camp NaNoWriMo 2014?
- What does Wenona Gardner’s Indian name in Ojibwe Wabun Anung mean in English?
- How many participants were in the first NaNoWriMo in 1999?
- In 2013 Camp NaNoWriMo borrowed the U.S. Army’s survival-technique acronym and applied it to creative work. What does this acronym stand for?
- Which Cabin in Camp NaNoWriMo is the most Awesome!
Cabin Enigma Captain